Commitment to Sustainability
Since 2005, we have embraced our responsibility to the local environment and recognize the unique contribution we make to a sustainable future for the families of the Treasure Valley and beyond. Our contribution is realized through the expertise, values and commitment of our dedicated founders, consignors and shoppers and partners as we enable the reuse and repurposing of children’s clothes, toys and associated items.
We are committed to:
- Incorporating environmental sustainability into everything we do.
- Setting and reaching challenging sustainability goals and targets around environmental performance.
- Utilizing our expertise to build further capabilities and capacity within the Treasure Valley to encourage and enable re-use and reduce landfill.
- Actively engaging with staff, team members, volunteers, suppliers, industry partners and the community around sharing and realizing our commitment to sustainability.
Fashion continues to be one of the most polluting industries in the world. According to Forbes, the fashion industry is responsible for about 10 percent of the carbon footprint in the world. A main cause for them being one of the worst polluters is the massive amount of overproduction. Clothes are usually worn a limited amount of times then they are thrown away.
It’s wasteful and harmful to the environment.
- Polyester production for textiles released about 706 billion kg (1.5 trillion pounds) of greenhouse gases in 2015, the equivalent of 185 coal-fired power plants’ annual emissions.
- The water used for making our apparel is about equivalent to 32 million Olympic swimming pools.
- Halloween costumes are only worn once a night every year but it is estimated that the US spends over 2.6 billion dollars on them.
- Almost 70 million barrels of oil are used each year to produce the worlds polyester fiber (the most common fiber used in clothing) and it takes more than 200 years to decompose.
We are Making a Difference
Since 2005, Moppet Togs has been the Treasure Valley’s Premier Children’s Consignment Sale. Held twice per year, once in the Spring and once in the Fall, Moppet Togs provides a venue for Treasure Valley families to buy and sell their gently used and new name brand children’s clothes, toys, furniture, and other associated children’s items.
Join us and support the Sustainability Movement in the Treasure Valley.