Properly organizing your items for the sale will make it easier for you and for Moppet Togs Team Members at check-in. It helps if you have gathered all of your items into one area and grouped them by categories. It is easiest to enter like items in the online inventory system at the same time as you have to make fewer changes to the inventory fields. You will also need to have supplies handy like clear plastic bags, tape, zip ties, card stock, etc.
Information on item limits, what we accept in general, what we accept seasonally and how to prepare those items is as follows:
What We Accept and Don't Accept
- We have limits on clothing sizes newborn through 12 month. That does not include size 12-18 month and up.
- Each size category (0-3m, 3-6m, 6-12m) will be limited to 25 items for boys and 25 items for girls.
- To be more clear, you can have 25 0-3m girl items, 25 3-6m girl items, 25 6-12m as well as 25 0-3m boy items, 25 3-6m boy items, and 25 6-12m boy items.
- We want you to sell your best, most sellable items in the sale. If you put two sleepers together, that counts as one item. Bundling your items makes them much more attractive to potential shoppers and allows you to clear out your closets and drawers while still keeping to the 25 item limit per size.
What We Accept in the Spring
- Short-sleeved and 3/4 sleeved tops, dresses, pajamas
- Long sleeve items that are CLEARLY meant for spring with spring theming(daisies, baseball, Easter, etc.) If it doesn’t scream spring, don’t bring it.
- Shorts and Capris
- Pants, khakis, jeans(not lined)
- Swimsuits and swim covers
- Lightweight sweaters that are white or pastel
- Lightweight, full zip jackets, including sweatshirt material and windbreakers (Please hold onto your pullover sweatshirts for the fall sale)
- Long sleeve/long-legged sleepers are only accepted up to size 18m if they are lightweight cotton and spring colors/themes(not fleece, flannel, etc.)
- Light-colored or pastel long sleeve dress shirts that would typically be worn for church.
- Sandals, Crocs that are unlined, tennis shoes, dress shoes(not black patent), sports shoes, rain boots, cowboy boots
What We Don’t Accept in Spring
- Long sleeved tops that are not clearly spring themed
- Fleece, corduroy, velour, velvet or suede
- Heavy coats, hats, and gloves
- Winter boots, black patent dress shoes, fur-lined Crocs
What We Accept in the Fall
- Long-sleeved and 3/4 length sleeved tops
- Holiday dresses(including short-sleeved holiday dresses)
- Jumpers in denim, corduroy, velvet, or other fall/winter colors and weights
- Short and long-sleeved athletic jerseys including dry fit shirts
- Short sleeved boys collared polos and dress shirts(shirts NEED to be dark colors for fall/winter or white)
- Jeans, khakis, sweatpants, dark-colored pants
- Coats and Jackets
- Leather shoes, suede shoes, dark dress shoes
- We are looking for clothes in winter fabrics including fleece, corduroy, velour, velvet, and suede
What We Don’t Accept in Fall
- Short-sleeved tops and pajamas(unless CLEARLY themed for fall/winter)
- Short-sleeved infant clothing(unless CLEARLY themed for fall/winter)
- Shorts and capris
- Sun Dresses
- Swimwear or cover-ups
- Sandals, open-toed shoes, white dress shoes, Crocs style shoes(fur-lined Crocs are okay)
What We Never Accept
- Breast Pumps
- Recalled items
- Items that are not tagged correctly
- Clothing items that do not meet our standards due to being out of season, out of style, or flawed in any way
- Shoes that do not meet our standards
- Homemade blankets and hospital receiving blankets
- Diaper bags that are given away for free from formula companies
- Single bedding items
- Out of date car seats
- Toys that do not work or are missing parts
- Happy Meal toys
- Equipment or toys that do not have working batteries. This does not apply to items that are new inbox.
- Random stuffed animals
- VHS tapes
- Used underwear
- Used twin/full sheets unless they are with a bedding set(comforter/duvet/shams, etc.)
- Vacation t-shirts
- Holiday t-shirts that have a year on them that is not the current year
Specific Inventory Preparation
By participating in Moppet Togs, you are helping to sustain the environment by recycling clothes, toys, furniture and other items that would normally end up in landfills and require the unnecessary use of our limited natural resources to manufacture new ones.