Marketing with Moppet Togs
The lifeblood of most businesses is creating and maintaining demand for their product and services.
Creating demand requires marketing to potential customers that fit the profile or “marketing demographic” of who would be willing to purchase your products or services. This process is called “lead generation’.
According to recent industry statistics, the cost of acquiring a consumer lead in 2020 is $35 to $100 per lead depending upon the quality and amount of detailed “demographic” information included such as full name, address, email, phone number, household structure, income, buying habits, etc.
The following chart shows the various methods of vehicles for generating these leads along with general costs, the pros and cons and comments:
Various Marketing Methods
The “take aways” from our list of the pros and cons of the various marketing methods for local small businesses is a as follows:
- Inexpensive lead lists are a really BAD investment. Good lead lists are expensive and have a short shelf life.
- Flyers and Ad Packs are “Dead Marketing” vehicles as the “new consumer” doesn’t read them and actually doesn’t like them because they are NOT ecologically friendly.
- Magazine advertising is expensive to do correctly, is hard to target the exact demographic and is also NOT ecologically friendly.
- Radio and TV advertising is very expensive, requires production costs and had a variable ROI.
- Mass email is quickly becoming “Dying Marketing” vehicle as the “new consumer” doesn’t use email as much as their parents.
- Social Media is the RIGHT advertising vehicle for the new consumer but is complicated and has a variable ROI. Without expert full time help, this method will FAIL.
- Placing Website ads directly with websites that are targeting your demographic has a very high ROI. If you are selling to moms with kids, then placing ads on website with high traffic from moms with kids will generate a high ROI.
- Attending Trades show can be expensive but it does allow for direct interaction with the customer but also has a variable ROI as it is difficult to target the right demographic. If you are selling fly fishing equipment then it is obvious you need to attend fly fishing trade shows.
Moppet Togs Has a Tight Demographic
Founded in 2005, the Moppet Togs Children’s Consignment Sale has become the premier children’s consignment sale in Idaho. And, one of the larger children’s consignment sales in the country. With 550 Consignors and 10,000 shoppers forecast for the Spring 2020 Sale at their new location at Expo Idaho, Moppet Togs has also become a really great event for local businesses to market directly to pregnant woman, moms and dads under the age of 40 with children under the age of 15. There are very few events in the Treasure Valley with this specific customer demographic:
Moms under 40
Dads under 40
Children under 15
If you have a limited marketing budget, need to maximize your marketing ROI or haven’t gotten the results that you have expected, Moppet Togs could be the venue that you are looking for. If you want to market to 10,000 pregnant woman, moms and dads under the age of 40 with children under the age of 15
Moppet Togs Marketing Options
Moppet Togs If you have a website, Facebook page or other landing page, you can place your digital logo or ad on the Moppet Togs website for $150 for 6 months or $25 / month. The Moppet Togs site logs approximately 150 visits per day during months when there is not a sale event and over 1,000 visits per day during sale months. Remember these visitors are primarily pregnant woman, moms and dads under the age of 40 and with children under the age of 15.
Even one new lead per month at a cost of $25 is way below the national average of $35-$100 cost per lead.
Click here for more information about advertising on the Moppet Togs website.
If your product or service is targeted at pregnant woman and moms and dads under the age of 40 with children under the age of 15 and you want to personally meet and talk to your potential customers, reserving a vendor booth at the next Moppet Togs Sale will provide a great ROI on your investment. There will be 550 Consignors pre-shopping on Tuesday night, 150 Shoppers on Wednesday Charity Night and 10,000 shoppers during the public sale Thursday Friday and Saturday.
The cost of the booth is $250 for the entire sale with a SPECIAL PRICE OF $200 for the first 10 vendors.
If you get a chance to talk to just 1% of the Moppet Togs shoppers and/or consignors and you are prepared to either sell them something or get their contact information, you will have generated 105 new leads. At the low end national average of $35 per lead to generate a new lead, 105 new leads from Moppet Togs is worth $3, 675. With an investment of $200, the ROI is 1,830%.
Click here for more information about advertising on the Moppet Togs website
Moppet Togs also offers Gold, Silver and Bronze Sponsorship Packages starting at $399. These package combine a vendor booth with special website ad placement along with posts on the Moppet Togs Facebook page and Instagram.
Click here for more information about Moppet Togs Sponsorship Packages.
Another very attractive aspect of the Moppet Togs story is our collective commitment to sustainability in the Treasure Valley. We join together with our consignors, shoppers and partners to sustain the local environment by recycling clothes, toys, furniture and other items that would normally end up in landfills and require the unnecessary use of our limited natural resources to manufacture new ones. Since 2005, we have enabled the reuse of over 1,000,000 items.
Click Here to learn more.
Moppet Togs is a Marketing Winner
Remember, the lifeblood of most businesses is creating and maintaining demand for their product and services.
Creating demand requires marketing to potential customers that fit the profile or “marketing demographic” of who would be willing to purchase your products or services.
After getting a better understanding of Moppet Togs and our tight demographic of pregnant woman and moms and dads under the age of 40 with children under the age of 15, I hope you consider spending some of your marketing budget with us.
Our prices are LOWER and are returns are HIGHER.
Click here for more information about and what we have to offer and how it could benefit your organization.